Tuesday, April 28, 2009

0428

I believe…

            I believe the world is all pretend. From the time we are infants until we mature and even when we grow old and time begins to wage war against our bodies, we pretend. When I was five, I pretended to be a mailman and wrote letters to my parents. When I was eight, I pretended to be the next firefighter to save other people. When I was twelve I pretended to hate school, but I died of boredom every second I was at home away from my friends. Even now, I pretend to know things I do not know. I pretend with a smile when hardships or discomforts arise. I pretend to be mad even when I miss her dearly. I pretend.

I have found and believe pretense often leads to a complete radical change. Although I never became that mailman or the heroic fireman, the characteristics are now part of who I am. Pretending to be a mailman has created a joy inside of me to give gifts to other people. My desire to help others came from my adoration of firefighters. Even now, when I pretend to know things I do not know, I find slowly I begin to understand more and more as I am surrounded by other knowers as well. The smile I wear everyday allows me to live through all types of trials. I have pretended so well, it has become my reality.

I believe no matter what stage of life humans are in, they are pretending. Kids pretending to be grownups. Grownups still pretending they are young. This is how we grow, this is how we still live on. Pretending is the step that allows us to cross over the gap from pure imagination into practical reality. The dreams we have inside our minds, what are they but abstract ideas that are nonexistent, unless of course we pretend. 

2 comments:

  1. kudos kudos!
    that's exactly why the world is how it is, because everyone always pretends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you write this???????

    or did you copy this from somewhere??
    :O

    ReplyDelete